Date:      Sat, 25 Sep 1999 09:58:46 +0900
From:      MARUYAMA Fuyuhiko <fuyuhik8@is.titech.ac.jp>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Announce: New release of JDK1.1.8 for FreeBSD

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999 18:49:12 -0600
    nate@mt.sri.com(Nate Williams)  wrote:

> > > Notable changes in this release include:
> > > - Better handling of signals like DIVIDE and SIGFPE which are trapped and
> > >   handled correctly now.
> >
> > The bad news:
> > I think this change may not be merged in ELF version.  Please check
> > the build.  It still exists in ELF version.  On the other hand, AOUT
> > version works correctly, so problem is not so difficult, I believe ;-).
>
> It's in both versions, since the source code is shared.  If it doesn't
> work, then it's a bug. :)
>
> Can you tell us how you've tested this (my memory is short and weak).

O.K.

Simple example is here.

public class Test {
    void static void main(String[] args) {
        System.out.println("0x80000000 / -1 = " + (0x80000000/-1));
    }
}

You can see the problem during compiling this with javac.  In fact, it
is not javac problem but JVM's one.  The effort constant calculation
performed by javac causes this.

--
MARUYAMA Fuyuhiko <fuyuhik8@is.titech.ac.jp>
Matsuoka laboratory,