Date:      Tue, 9 Apr 1996 15:51:18 +0200 (METDST)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        rich@lamprey.utmb.edu
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: More Nakamichi problems

>From the keyboard of Rich Murphey:

> I tried the  Nakamichi cd changer on an NCR pci/scsi
> controller and see the same symptoms as on the  Adaptec
> 1742/eisa system.  This is on a FreeBSD -stable system
> from today's kernel sources.
>
> When I run 'ls -R /cd/0' and 'ls -R /cd/1'
> simultaneously.  One of them always reports an error:
>
> fts_read: input/output error.

Whoever currently wears the conical hat: please send it to me ASAP !!!

I'm very sorry, that i did not do the above test earlier because it
gives the very same result here: i too get the "ftp_read" error messages
on an Adaptec 1742 with a plain 2.1-Release.

Although nothing panics while ls'sing, i thought i better reboot the system
after that: after the sync messages are printed, i get a panic in some
"ufs_XXXX" routine.

If somebody want to get the exact wording of this panic, i'll try to reproduce
it.

Again: i'm very sorry for the confusion i caused!

sigh,
hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis    HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH    Hamburg, Europe
             "If you can read usenet you can read the FM" (nigel@theplanet.net)