Date:      Mon, 27 Sep 1999 12:25:06 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Alex Charalabidis <alex@wnm.net>
To:        Larry Gleim <larry@gleim.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD v. Linux

On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Larry Gleim wrote:

> Where can I get information on FreeBSD v. Linux?  Is there a
> compare/contrast, differences between, etc?  Are there consumer reports?

A good starting point is http://www.daemonnews.org/199908/d-advocate.html
which includes links to other relevant material. You may not come to a
clear conclusion since there is something to be said for both and in
some cases it simply boils down to a matter of personal taste. To a large
extent, it depends on what tasks you intend to use the machine for and
sometimes the hardware you have at your disposal. An extended discussion
does not really belong on this list... you'll find plenty of debating on
slashdot and other forums.

The best thing you can do is try out both and make your own comparison.

hth

-ac

--
Alex Charalabidis