Date:      Tue, 3 Dec 2002 00:45:26 +0200
From:      "Mario R. Pizzolanti" <mario@zavood.ee>
To:        <scsi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problem installing Freebsd 4.7

Hi!
I'm having trouble installing FreeBSD v. 4.7 on a Mylex Acceleraid 160
(170LP) array.
The install disk gives an error pci0 Unknown device Vendor (0x1069) dev
(0x0050)  IRQ 11
The card is installed on a Tyan S2469 motherboard.  The firmware on the
Mylex adaptor is 7.01-00

I also had a problem installing Linux Mandrake.
The install works:  I can partition the array logical drives, etc., but
I am unable to bootup the installed system.
The error it gives me is:  "No boot signature in partition"

Any help would be deeply appreciated :)

Thanx,