Date:      Thu, 02 Oct 2014 19:23:31 -0700
From:      Manfred Antar <null@pozo.com>
To:        "A.J. 'Fonz' van Werven" <freebsd@skysmurf.nl>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, marino@freebsd.org, brion@queeg.com
Subject:   Re: Xtide Broken on X86 X64 current

--=====================_366455755==_

At 02:02 PM 10/2/2014, A.J. 'Fonz' van Werven wrote:
>Manfred Antar wrote:
>
>[begin (sic)]
>> /usr/ports/astro/xtide doesn't complie on amd64 or i386 current for me
>> It uses /usr/local/bin/gcc48 for compiler.
>[snip]
>> If  you:
>> vi ./work/xtide-2.13.2/xxGlobal.cc
>>
>> and add to top of file:
>> extern "C" int isnan (double);
>>
>> It will compile.
>[end (sic)]
>
>Update:
>
>I checked this port on Redports with the X11 option enabled for releases
>8.4 to 9.3 with gcc48, both amd64 and i386. I also checked it locally on
>9.3/amd64 with Clang. In all of those instances the port builds fine both
>with and without your suggested fix(*).
>
>You might want to ask whether someone can test it on 10.X and/or
>11-CURRENT, possibly using Poudriere (which seems to be the only thing
>that's reliably working at the moment, quelle surprise). I'm including a
>patch that does what you suggest and can be used for testing. If it turns
>out to be the correct fix, you can attach it to a Bugzilla report if you
>choose to submit one.

Ok
I've done more research on this. Mac OSX has a patch so this will compile with clang without errors.
This is probably the best for current as clang is default compiler.
This patch from OSX works on 11.0 current
You have to remove USE_GCC line from Makefile
the patch patches configure.ac
so if you try to make without doing a autoconf in the src dir it will fail
so do make; it will fail; go to xtide src do autoconf;
then retry make, it will work.
you could make a patch to the new configure script and it will work fine.
Hope this all make some sense :)

========================
||      null@pozo.com           ||
||                                      ||
========================
believed to be clean.

--=====================_366455755==_
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