Date:      Fri, 8 Jun 2012 15:04:37 -0500
From:      "Kolasinski, Brent D." <bkolasinski@anl.gov>
To:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Netgraph and Netflow-v9

Hi All,

I have been doing some tests with the FreeBSD ng_netflow module for
netflow generation.  I am trying to export v9 netflow records to another
server running SiLK (which can receive v9 Netlfow from our Cisco routers
just fine).

When exporting v9 records from our FreeBSD-9-RELEASE server, we are
getting this error on our SiLK server (this repeats many times):
"rwflowpack[23113]: fBufNext: No Templates Present for Domain 0x000a"

Now I modified the settemplates variable in ngctl to send a template every
20 seconds, but we are still getting this.

As a sanity check, I tried exporting v5 netflow data from this FreeBSD box
to the Silk box, and it happily receives it and processes it.  The Silk
server is receiving the v9 netflow datagrams, as I can see it with a PCAP.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?  Am I using the export9 hook
correctly in the commands listed below?  There is not much documentation
covering export9 out there (besides the tiny blurb in the FreeBSD9 Release
notes).

Here is a detail of my setup:
2 ethernet cards:
1) bce0 -> in promiscuous mode listening to traffic off of a tap
2) bce1 -> nic to be exporting netflow / connected to our network

Commands I am using to export v9 netflow records in ngctl:

mkpeer bce0: netflow lower iface0
name bce0:lower netflow
connect bce0: netflow: upper out0
mkpeer netflow: ksocket export9 inet/dgram/udp
msg netflow:export9 connect inet/<IP ADDRESS>:<PORT>

Thanks!!

Brent Kolasinski
Cyber Security Program Office
Argonne National Laboratory