Date:      Fri, 6 Jul 2012 08:39:52 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter@rulingia.com>
To:        Brandon Gooch <jamesbrandongooch@gmail.com>
Cc:        David Shao <davshao@gmail.com>, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@freebsd.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Jilles Tjoelker <jilles@stack.nl>
Subject:   Re: sh(1) exiting on SIGWINCH

--Xm/fll+QQv+hsKip

On 2012-Jul-05 00:22:45 -0500, Brandon Gooch <jamesbrandongooch@gmail.com> =
wrote:
>Seems that the window resize is somehow causing sh(1) to receive an
>EOF while the shell is sitting at the prompt, which results in the
>shell exiting; haven't dug too deeply into the source yet, but can you
>try to run /bin/sh with the '-I' (that's capital letter 'i') and it
>the shell shouldn't exit (but it will bark at you with a 'Use "exit"
>to leave shell.' message on each resize.

Interesting.  I hadn't tried '-I' but now also see that.

>I'm CC'ing jilles@ for any potential insight into the behavior of
>sh(1) (and perhaps this updated libedit snapshot).

I would also welcome any insights jilles@ can offer.

pfg@ (who shepherded the libedit update into the tree), David Shao
(originator of kern/169603) and I have been investigating fixes to
libedit but do not have a solution yet.  There is a possibility that
sh(1) is relying on bugs in the old libedit.

At this stage, it seems likely that the libedit update (r237738)
will be reverted for 9.1-RELEASE.

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--Xm/fll+QQv+hsKip