Date:      Mon, 11 Aug 1997 19:13:17 +1000
From:      David Nugent <davidn@labs.usn.blaze.net.au>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xquake + sound??

>  >   S3 Trio64V+ (for quake, configured with a 300x200 modeline)
>
>  Not sure why xquake + sound works for you and will try to investigate
>  of why it does work for me with the define "BROKENSB".

Yeah, I thought it a bit strange too, given the earlier comments I
read.

>  Just noticed that you are running at 300x200 and if your cpu
>  can take it you can run at 640x480 .

Sure. Runs ok in all modes up to 1024x768 too. But when you're running
fairly intensive apps with quake deathmatch and ctf bots in it, some
considerable cpu is used, and 320x200 is definitely better performance
wise.

>  Thats joystick support for doom or xquake 8)

Ah, no, I'm *definitely* a mouse person. :-)

Regards,
David