Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 1995 01:48:15 -0400
From:      bwern@jax.jaxnet.com (Ben Wern)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Login Problem

Greetings all.

I am currently having trouble logging in via a hardwired serial port. The
cable is known to be good, and I can log in via these accounts (a
root and a regular user account) via the console, or via telnet from the
console to localhost. But when I try to log in via the serial port, I get
"login incorrect". Again, the accounts are valid, and work from the
console. My ttys line reads:

ttyd0    "/usr/libexec/getty std.19200"   vt100   on    secure

Any thoughts? Have I accidently pushed the 'Stop Working Properly'
button?

Thanks,

Ben Wern

bwern@jaxnet.com     | Finger or mail for latest
bwern@pathtech.com| PGP key revocation and
bwern@unf.ed u          |     latest key update.
 "I used to get disgusted, but now I just get amused"