Date:      Thu, 9 Feb 95 12:33 MET
From:      me@tartufo.pcs.dec.com (Michael Elbel)
To:        jkh@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Using seagate driver with Future Domain 950: :-(

In pcs.freebsd.hackers you write:

>so... *sigh*" Except maybe this time things break, and yet you still
>don't know who out there actually HAS one of these things, and so it's
>untested and doesn't get found out until 2 days before your release is
>due to ship!  :-)

So, what's necessary isn't exactly an accountant but some sort of
*accounting*, just like with the ports. Whoever imports a driver into
the source tree should note who it is from and who tested it. If there
are problems, that person would be contacted. Now we simply need a
conveniant place to put such information, like the LINT config file
or the actual driver sources.

Michael
--
Michael Elbel, Digital-PCS GmbH, Muenchen, Germany - me@FreeBSD.org