Date:      Mon, 25 Dec 1995 13:28:26 -0500 (EST)
From:      Gang-Ryung Uh <uh@sed.cs.fsu.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   print help!!

Dear all,

 During the break, I messed  up my system quite seriously.
 Therefore, I reinstall the Freebsd 2.1 from the scratch. Now I restore
 upto 90%. But I can not make my printer work by no means.

 Previously, I could print many different types of files with apsfilter-4.9.1
 & ghostscript-2.6.2 from my old HP LaserJet IIp printer.

 Now I've reinstalled ghostscript-2.6.2 & apsfilter-4.9.2. I try to print
 regular ascii file, such as  "lpr -Plp ANNOUNCE", but nothing is printed:
 as soon as I issue that command, I check the print queue by "lpq -Plp":
 it indicates "no entries".
 This happens no matter what I print!!! -> actually nothing seems to be
 spooled at all....

 So, I look at the /var/log/lpd-errs. I have a following error message:

    Jan  2 20:48:11 slip7 lpd[3175]:
         cannot execv /usr/local/apsfilter/filter/aps-ljet2p-letter-auto-mono
            ?!?!

 If I do "cat <some ascii file> > /dev/lpt0", then the printer is
 responding.

 Currently, I have a horrible time to fix that problem....
 If it is possible, would you recommend some solutions?

 Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Gang-Ryung Uh (uh@cs.fsu.edu)