Date:      Thu, 25 Mar 2004 22:02:51 -0500
From:      "Gian-Paolo Musumeci" <gdm@pdti.net>
To:        "James R. Van Artsalen" <james@jrv.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ia64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems installing 5.2.1 onto HP rx2600

James R. Van Artsalen wrote:
> Welcome to the wonderful world of EFI.  You have to tell it a device can
> boot and where the boot file is: EFI can't figure that out by itself.
> You need to Add a Boot Option and find the boot/loader.efi file to
> select.  If you get to the EFI shell prompt try "ls -r fs1:", "ls -r
> fs2:" etc until you run out of fsN: to try.

I did actually try that.  Here's a segment of what the EFI shell displays
at startup:

EFI Shell version 1.10 [14.61]
Device mapping table
  fs0  : Acpi(HWP0002,0)/Pci(2|0)/Ata(Primary,Master)/CDROM(Entry0)
  fs1  : Acpi(HWP0002,100)/Pci(1|1)/Scsi(Pun2,Lun0)/HD(Part1,SigE696C346-032D-11D8-8002-D6217B60E588)

Unfortunately, the FreeBSD device is Scsi(Pun0,Lun0) -- do I have to
explicitly add it to the device mapping table?

> In my case I did something wrong and the relevant files were never
> copied to the EFI partition at all, and I copied them manually in a
> holographic shell with the CD.

Is there documentation somewhere that describes exactly what files need
to be copied?  I suspect that's my problem, although I've no clue what
I did wrong.  :)

Cheers! /gdm