Date:      Thu, 2 Jul 2015 13:34:00 -0400
From:      mfv <mfv@bway.net>
To:        atar <atar.yosef@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Installing chrome web browser through pkg install.

> On Thu, 2015-07-02 at 17:21 atar <atar.yosef@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>Hi there,
>
>According to section 7.2.4 in this page:
>https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/desktop-browsers.html, to install
>chromium web browser, one should run the command: pkg install
>chromium. Unfortunately, when I run it, pkg unable to find it and emit
>the error message: pkg: No packages available to install matching
>'chromium' have been found in the repositories.
>
>My 'pkg' version is 1.5.4.
>
>What's going wrong? I don't want to build the chromium browser from
>the ports. _______________________________________________
>To unsubscribe, send any mail to
>"freebsd-questions-unsubscribe@freebsd.org"

Hello Atar,

I should have been more clear in my last response to your question.

You did not do anything wrong when you tried to install chromium.  It
is currently unavailable as shown in the website specified in my last
message.  I assume the person who maintains this port will attend to
the issue that caused it not to be built and in due time will be
available.

Once it has been added to the FreeBSD repository it will be available
the next time you invoke "pkg update".  This can be verified by running
"pkg search chromium" after your update.

Cheers ...

Marek