Date:      Mon, 23 Mar 2009 18:20:21 +0800
From:      Andrew Chen <b93502044@ntu.edu.tw>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems in using SCTP CMT

Hi,
=09We have some problems when we tried to send data using CMT-SCTP. =20
Actually, we are not sure if we do enable CMT functionalities. We set =20
up two PCs with FreeBSD-7.0. Each PC has two NICs and two IPs. One is =20
public and the other is private. We wrote simple FTP server and client =20
programs. On both sides, local addresses are bound as INADDR_ANY. =20
According to =20
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctpsocket-14#section-4.1.5
, if we bind INADDR_ANY and then call connect(), the multi-homing =20
capability of SCTP is automatically enabled. Further, we also turn on =20
sysctl states by setting
sysctl net.inet.sctp.cmt_pf=3D1
sysctl net.inet.sctp.cmt_use_dac=3D1
sysctl net.inet.sctp.cmt_on_off=3D1
=09Then we start transmission and capture the traffics. Unfortunately, =20
the captured packet shows data were transmitted on primary path and =20
there were only heartbeat/HB ACKs on the other path.
=09To our knowledge, to use CMT, the only things we have to do is to =20
establish a multihomed association, and turn on the sysctl options.
=09Can anyone point out something we did wrong or steps we missed?
=09Thanks in advance.