Date:      Fri, 16 Oct 1998 12:35:32 +0200
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        dave@turbocat.de
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Billing?

David Wetzel writes:
>> From: Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
>> if you turn on the right debug bits (see the isdnd man page) this info
>> will also appear in whatever file you're logging to. Then you don't need
>> to run a second program :)
>(...)
>
>I am not sure which.
>

>                   0x01    general debugging.
>                   0x02    rates calculation.
>                   0x04    timing calculations.
>                   0x08    state transitions.
>                   0x10    retry handling.
>                   0x20    dialing.
>                   0x40    process handling.
>                   0x80    isdn4bsd kernel i/o calls.
>
>"/usr/local/bin/isdnd -d0x02" did nothing when dailing out via anoter device
>on the same s0 bus.
>(I did not dail out via the ISDN card)

I suspect that 0x20 is what you want. Seems logical that dialing would
show what happens when you dial :)

I can't say for sure; I have 0xf9 set for flags, so I see all kinds of
stuff.

AFAIK the isdnd debugging only shows what goes through the i4b layers. If
you want to see all activity (this wasn't clear to me) then you'll prob-
ably need to use the monitor program.

---
Gary Jennejohn
Home - garyj@muc.de