Date:      Thu, 6 Sep 2012 00:57:43 +0300
From:      Elias Chrysocheris <elias_chr@otenet.gr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Auto-mounting sshfs from /etc/fstab

In the past I wanted to do so in my system. I had one server called "pluto" and I wanted to sshfs one directory from my laptop. The
first thing I had to do was to make passwordless ssh from my laptop to the server (there are a lot of pages in the internet to explain
how to do this, so I will not explain how-to...)

When passwordless ssh login is possible then a line in your fstab like the following does the job:

sshfs#your_username_here@pluto:/Common/                   /Network_Folders/Pluto/         fuse
BatchMode=yes,reconnect,allow_other,users,gid=users,umask=002              0 0

In this way the system automounts the directory /Common that exists in "pluto" in my local directory /Network_Folders/Pluto
Of cource "pluto" must have a specific ip (or available through naming service e.t.c.). In my case it has a static IP so I had its
declaration in /etc/hosts

Hope this helped you

Elias