Date:      Mon, 27 Aug 2001 14:04:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Ippei Yoshioka <peterjunk@yahoo.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: dhclient problem

Is your DNS setup correctly?  If you're getting an IP address
successfully, but you're not able to connect to a machine via hostname,
then I'd look at DNS.  In most cases, you don't need to write a
dhclient.conf (a blank file will work).  None-the-less, this is what I
have for my main router:

timeout 60;
retry 60;
reboot 30;
select-timeout 5;
initial-interval 2;

interface "ed0" {
    supersede domain-name "marcuscom.com";
    prepend domain-name-servers 127.0.0.1;
}

All my other FreeBSD machines are statically addressed.

Joe Clarke