Date:      Thu, 3 Jan 2002 20:10:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Andrew R. Reiter" <arr@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: When to use atomic_ functions? (was: 64 bit counters)

agreed.

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Terry Lambert wrote:

:Julian Elischer wrote:
:> It's interresti gthat the major antagonists here are all withon 70 km
:> (Terry are you still in Foster City?)
:
:Yes...
:
:Of course, we are all *pro*tagonists, not *an*tagonists...
:
:
:> why not just get together with a whiteboard somewhere (here?)
:> and hack out the locking strategies over a few cups of coffee?
:
:Like the whole threads thing?
:
:I'm hesitant, since so many good ideas come from outside the
:circle you describe; we really need better virtual presence
:capability.  I count 4 people on the "Cc:" of your (and this)
:email who would not be able to attend in person, unless they
:are on holiday in the U.S. right now...
:
:-- Terry
:
:with "unsubscribe freebsd-arch" in the body of the message
:

--
Andrew R. Reiter
arr@watson.org