Date:      Mon, 7 May 2012 22:39:29 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Stanislav Sedov <stas@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Switching /etc/*.db from bdb to tinycdb

--bGopQmzlzQgFk3Fg

On Mon, May 07, 2012 at 01:23:25PM -0700, Stanislav Sedov wrote:
> On Wed, 2 May 2012 13:41:15 +0200
> Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org> mentioned:
>=20
> >=20
> > Any opinion, ideas, advices on this?
>=20
> Did you look at leveldb [1], btw?  It seems to be very fast, better suppo=
rted, and
> support some advanced features that can be useful for other base applicat=
ions
> (like transactions, custom sorting, snapshots).
>=20
> It's distributed under BSD license.
>=20
> [1] http://code.google.com/p/leveldb/
>=20

Yes I had a look, and it doesn't fit imho:
1/ leveldb is c++ while for all our get*ent functions are in libc and needs=
acees the db files.
2/ leveldb is really huge compare to tinycdb.

Btw: an unexpected gain of cdb is that for services for example the size of=
 the
db is greatly reduces from 2M to 800K here, doesn't matter much but it is c=
ool
:)

regards,
Bapt