Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 1997 16:13:13 -0700 (MST)
From:      Stephen Fisher <lithium@cia-g.com>
To:        Karl Denninger <karl@Mcs.Net>
Cc:        Joe Greco <jgreco@solaria.sol.net>, Guido.vanRooij@nl.cis.philips.com, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.1.6+++: crt0.c CRITICAL CHANGE

[CC: List trimmed to keep the conversation between relevant people and to
prevent many duplicate messages].

On Wed, 5 Feb 1997, Karl Denninger wrote:

> No chance.  I happen to have already notified people of several related
> problems, including those in "at" and "crontab".
>
> I AM PART OF THE SOLUTION.
>
> Look.  I've submitted prs before which have been flamed because they weren't
> "stylized" the way people wanted them, or were just ignored until some time
> later -- even when SEVERE and SECURITY have shown up in them.
>
> Frankly, I'm tired of tilting at windmills.

Karl, you may be submitting useful fixes and ideas, but you are also
making a fool of yourself.  Seriously.  Calm down, back off, you are
trying to rush something that will only break if you push it too fast.

You get what you pay for, however this is an excellent VOLUNTEER project.
Get BSD/OS from BSDI if you want a commerical BSD operating system.

 - Steve
  - Systems Manager
  - Community Internet Access, Inc.
  - Gallup and Grants, New Mexico