Date:      Tue, 29 Jul 1997 06:59:03 +0100
From:      Martijn Koster <mak@webcrawler.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Is `make world` the whole story?

Hi all,

I installed 2.2.2, made cvsup, updated using the standard-supfile,
cd'ed to /usr/src, and did a `make world`. After fixing the missing
/usr/include/sys/stat.h it completed without errors.  I wasn't
single-user, but apart from X-Windows nothing else was happening on
the machine.  Then I rebooted, and now get:

mount: exec mount_ not found in /sbin, /usr/sbin: No such file or directory

and startup fails, and various other commands give bad system calls.
This is the second time I've tried this sequence of events, with the
same results.

So, what did I forget to do? And is there a way to get the current
mess working rather than reinstall? Suggestions appreciated.

-- Martijn Koster, m.koster@pobox.com

PS: I've since found /tutorials/upgrade/upgrade.html, but can't see
anything to obvious...