Date:      Thu, 01 Nov 2001 16:35:28 +0000
From:      Nick Barnes <Nick.Barnes@pobox.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Upgrading from 3.3 to RELENG_4_4

I'm trying to use cvsup to upgrade from 3.3-RELEASE to RELENG_4_4.  My
"make buildworld" has hit the xinstall/strtofflags problem reported
many times on this list.  So I am following the recommendation given
by a few users that I go to RELENG_4_1_1_RELEASE first.  This doesn't
seem unreasonable, but it would be good if UPDATING told me I had to
do this (maybe under "To update from 3.x to 4.x stable").

Nick Barnes
Ravenbrook Limited