Date:      Thu, 18 Dec 1997 15:52:07 -0600
From:      Wm Brian McCane <root@bmccane.uit.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Reverse name problem

Greetings,
	I am finally back on all the lists (and a new ISP to boot 8).  Anyway,
I am having a problem with my DNS.  I have setup both the primary and
secondary DNS to be machines on my internal network.  One of my partners
wanted to put the primary on an NT box, so I let him.  Anyway, when I do a
`host 208.155.166.2' on a machine that is not attached to my network,I get:
`Host not found'.  Looking in my O'Reilly (TCP/IP Network Administration)
everything looks correct.  The Unix machine which is my secondary has what
looks like a good backup file to me for our domain (NT just looks wrong, the
addresses are not even listed in reverse order there).  If I use our
nameserver from the unconnected machine to do the Reverse DNS, it works fine.
I get the impression from what I have read in my book that I need to have
someone upstream delegate the Reverse DNS for 166.155.208.IN-ADDR.ARPA to me.
Is this correct?  If so, who would I have to bother to get this done?

	brian