Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 1997 13:51:53 +0000
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@blueberry.co.uk>
To:        mika ruohotie <bsdhack@shadows.aeon.net>
Cc:        Chris Shenton <cshenton@it.hq.nasa.gov>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: migrating 2.1.7 -> 2.2: simple or hairy?

On Feb 02, 1997 at 02:05:21PM +0200, mika ruohotie wrote:
> i havent attempted yet, so i might ask stupid questions, but how hard is it
> to get CVSup into 2.1.7? (unlike in 2.1.6 the modula3 seems to be part of its
> /usr/ports)

Very trivial.

Download

    ftp://freefall.freebsd.org/pub/CVSup/cvsup-bin-14.1.1.tar.gz

which is the statically linked client mentioned in

    http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook238.html#479

and install this. Build yourself a sup file and away you go.

Round of applause to all involved, I was very impressed with how easy it was.

--+=[ Blueberry Hill                  Blueberry New Media                ]=+--
--+=[ http://www.blueberry.co.uk/     1/9 Chelsea Harbour Design Centre, ]=+--
--+=[ WebMaster@blueberry.co.uk       London, England, SW10 0XE          ]=+--
--+=[ It's good to talk.                          But it's better to do. ]ENTP