Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 1995 13:11:29 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@rocky.sri.MT.net>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@rocky.sri.MT.net>, rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with FreeBSD 2.1.0-RELEASE

> > Hey, I helped start the patchkit, so of course it was before the
> > patchkit days.  I think I'm one of the 386bsd 0.1 contributors. :)
>
> OK - maybe you can help me find out something - When the patchkits were
> being made, there were the 50000-series that were "not for export".

The 5000 series patches for 'experimental'.  I don't remember any 50000
non-exportable patches, though by that time Rod and Jordan were doing
the patchkit.

Let me go dig on my box to make sure.  Sigh, I remember that when I
upgraded to 2.1 I backed all of my patchkit stuff onto tape.  I still
have the patchkit generation software there.  Someday when FreeBSD is
*huge* and everyone is running it, I'll sell my box for a million
dollars with all of the software on it. *grin*

> I got
> a set - minus the crypt.c, and set it up at the University of Cape Town
> (briefly) until Geoff Rehmet picked up that ball and ran with it. (Anyone
> following me?) Geoff set up his site (braae.ru.ac.za), making me very
> happy (I had no work to do ]:->). What I am looking for is anyone who
> remembers any of this - I would like to thank the kind person who
> actually took my interest seriously and therfore sparked my further
> interest in {386|Free}BSD. Who sent me those "sanitised" patchkits?

Rod might remember this, I'm Cc'ing him on this to see if he remembers.

Nate