Date:      Sun, 23 Apr 2006 11:14:58 -0400
From:      Francisco Reyes <lists@stringsutils.com>
To:        Darren Pilgrim <darren.pilgrim@bitfreak.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Chat List <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Anyone ever tried experts-exchange for freebsd questions?

Darren Pilgrim writes:

> The second because unlike certain other OSes, 99.99% of the
> documentation I need is either in Google's database or not in existence.

Although I do find a large number of questions answered online, ever since
I became a FreeBSD system admin July 05 I find myself in a different
situation than in all previous time using open source.

1- The company I work for is willing to pay for a consultant if I recommend
it. Likewise I am sure I could get the fee for services like
experts-exchange paid by the company.

2- Although I actually bill the time I spend researching on issues, if I
find a way to get something done faster and cheaper than spending time
researching I talk to the boss and often times he agress to pay whoever can
do the work quicker.

> In 8 years of using FreeBSD as a hobbyist and professional, I've only
> had one technical issue that was never resolved.

Often times it is not if it will get resolved, but how long it will take and
what projects will get delayed while you hunt down the solution to a
particular problem.