Date:      Wed, 30 May 2012 10:29:18 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Thomas Mueller <mueller23@insightbb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Address to reach human operator regarding problems with list?

>=20
> I received a probe message regarding messages to me that bounced,
> might have been spams that slipped by the list's filters.
>=20
> I was advised in the message that the address was
> freebsd-questions-owner@freebsd.org

freebsd-questions-owner@... is correct, except that to my knowledge
there isn't really a moderator for freebsd-questions (it's an open list
that anyone can post to without having to be a member) and that address
ultimately gets dealt with by postmaster@freebsd.org.

The message you got about "held for moderation" is standard boiler-plate
from mailman, and probably not appropriate for your specific circumstance=
s.

On the whole though, you shouldn't need to contact anyone about the
warning you received.   It generally occurs when your mail system
rejects messages from the freebsd-questions@... list as spam.  As there
is a certain amount of spam that does appear on the list, this is an
absolutely legitimate practice: trouble is, it's hard for the FreeBSD
mail system to distinguish deliberate non-acceptance of spam from
accidental non-acceptance of traffic due to a broken mailer.

Mailman has an adaptive system that scores you based on how many rejects
you generate in a certain time period.  If you log into mailman at eg.
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/options/freebsd-questions
you can see your current score.  Mine is currently 2.0 (out of 5.0) and
has been about that for quite some time.  So long as your score is not
too large, I wouldn't worry about the message you received.  Even if
your score does go over the threshold, you can just use that same
interface to re-enable delivery.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20