Date:      Fri, 5 Feb 2010 08:38:59 -0500
From:      William Bulley <web@umich.edu>
To:        Gary Dunn <knowtree@aloha.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 7.2-STABLE driver support on Thinkpad T500

According to Gary Dunn <knowtree@aloha.com> on Fri, 02/05/10 at 04:56:

> I just put 8.0-STABLE on my Fujitsu T1010 with Intel 5100 AGN and the
> iwn driver works perfectly. This what I put in /etc/rc.conf. (My home
> network is "Oz," I do not use encryption, and I restrict access by MAC
> address.)
>
> # iwn0 is built-in wifi
> wlans_iwn0="wlan0"
> ifconfig_wlan0="DHCP ssid=Oz"

Thanks, and this is very encouraging, but, BUT, will this work with
the Intel 5300 (AGN) that my T500 has installed?  The man page for
iwn(4) lists the 5100 but not the 5300.  I am not familiar enough
with this Intel hardware to know if they are close enough to each
other (work-alikes) for the iwn(4) driver.

This might be worth my trying (to rebuild my kernel) this weekend
if I get the chance.  Thanks again!   :-)

Regards,

web...

--
William Bulley                     Email: web@umich.edu