Date:      Thu, 25 Mar 1999 22:24:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@phone.net>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: what does stable mean?6

It's ok - just make sure to do the Losedos bashing in private,
otherwise people will  think you're a fanatic.

On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Chad R. Larson wrote:
> Any WinNT boxes doing =real= work that have been up for over four
> months?

Hmm - there's a bug in Windows 95/98 that causes the system to freeze
at 57 days. Maybe that's in NT?

> We had an OLTP system (a Pyramid running SysVr4) that ran for
> slightly over a year (370 days) processing a half million
> transactions a day (or so).  It came down because we had to reboot
> it for an application software upgrade.

My favorite story is the bug report4.X BSD) that "uptime" formatting
was broken if you had been up for more than 999 days....

	<mike