Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 1995 22:31:13 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Steven Koch <skoch@ais.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   help

I'm attempting to install FreeBSD on a 486DX266.  It's a Gateway
4DX2-66P, 16 megs of RAM,
with an ATI Mach32 PCI video card and a 420 meg IDE Western Digital hard
drive, it that's of any significance.
After I run fdisk and disklabel and the machine attempts to boot off the
hard drive it tells me it can't mount root.  After that it just keeps
rebooting itself.  Any suggestions.  I've tried a bunch of different ways
to partition and label the drives, but I just can't get it to work.  Any
help would be appreciated.
Oh, by the way, I have the CD rom version with a Mitsumi CDROM.  I'm just
trying to give any significant details.  Thanks.

Steve.