Date:      Mon, 13 Apr 1998 14:40:41 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Leif Neland <leifn@image.dk>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   running X client and server on different machines

Could somebody point me in the right direction?

I'm running the X-display (server?) on the machine at home; I'm logged in
as root.

I dial my isp/my work, and log in as leifn.

Then I want to run a program there and display here.

xterm -display modem1128.my.isp:0.0

I get this message returned:

Xlib: connection to "modem1128.my.isp:0.0" refused by server
Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
Error: Can't open display: modem1128.my.isp:0.0

It has something to do with authorizations, I can see.

So how do I allow this access from client on one machine to server on the
other?