Date:      Fri, 5 May 95 09:46:20 CDT
From:      laufen@sol.med.ge.com (Derek Laufenberg  x7-4534)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   YP/NIS question.

Hello,

I've setup NIS on my system and everything seems to work except
yppasswd & login.  On the NIS server machine I can use yppasswd to
change my password and it works fine.  On the client machines,  I
can't even login.  The clients claim not to know any of the user names
valid on the server.   BTW:ypcat commands work fine from all clients.

I'm running 4/12 SNAP with the GENERIC kernel as unpacked from the
bindist.

There must be something simple I missed in the sysconfig or elsewhere.
Any ideas?

Thanks,

	Derek Laufenberg
	laufen@sol.med.ge.com