Date:      22 Aug 1995 01:11:55 +0800
From:      peter@haywire.dialix.com (Peter Wemm)
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make world fails

fenner@parc.xerox.com (Bill Fenner) writes:

>My very first "make world" ever fell over; since the new version of bind
>was just imported I'm somewhat suspicious that it's actually not something
>dumb that I'm doing...

>===> libresolv
>cc -O -DDEBUG -DLIBC_SCCS -c /usr/src/lib/libresolv/../libc/net/gethostnamadr.c
>-o gethostnamadr.o
>cc -O -DDEBUG -DLIBC_SCCS -c /usr/src/lib/libresolv/../libc/net/res_mkquery.c -o
> res_mkquery.o
>/usr/src/lib/libresolv/../libc/net/res_mkquery.c:68: res_config.h: No such file
>or directory
>*** Error code 1

>There is indeed a res_config.h in ../libc/net/, but no include path for it...

>  Bill

Yep. It was a braino on my part..  Very sorry..

I wasn't aware of the existance of libresolv..  Since the entire
resolver was in libc, the thought never occurred to me to see if it
was built elsewhere...

If you rerun your sup or ctm, you'll it'll work..

As for your make world, if it got to the second pass of building the
libraries, you should be able to simply continue where it left off
with "make all install"..   If it hasn't built a new gcc and libc yet,
you'd best let it start from scratch again... :-(

-Peter (hanging head in shame..)