Date:      21 Mar 2003 18:40:28 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
To:        vallo@estcard.ee
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: pkgconfig build fails in clean environment

--=-GjkFqdPrpXDKYQg6O8HJ

On Fri, 2003-03-21 at 05:25, Vallo Kallaste wrote:
> Hi
>=20
> Perhaps you all remember my problems with pkgconfig a week ago, it's
> still there and _now_ I don't understand at all how it works for you
> guys. I built my new workstation yesterday, installed 5.0-RELEASE
> from the official mini-iso, then cvsupped both src and ports to
> latest (of yesterdays). Built world and kernel, installed both,
> rebooted. Then tried to build my workstation bundle port and it
> failed on the same place with same failure as before.
> I got tired and removed _all_ my customisations and cleaned up. It
> means that I did:
>=20
> su -    # root environment and shell are untouched (default)
> rm /etc/make.conf
> pkg_delete -a
> cd /usr/ports
> find . -type d -name "work" | xargs rm -r
> rm -rf /usr/local/*
> rm -rf /usr/X11R6/*
> cd /etc/mtree
> mtree -deU -f BSD.local.dist -p /usr/local
> mtree -deU -f BSD.x11-4.dist -p /usr/X11R6
>=20
> Now it's clean as baby after bath.
> cd /usr/ports/devel/pkgconfig
> make package
>=20
> and watch it fail.
> Thank you for your attention

This has been solved.  You must have missed my post of three days ago on
gnome@, questions@, and ports@ where I said you need to install libtool
on the system first, then install pkgconfig.  This is a bug in
bsd.ports.mk that will be fixed shortly.

Joe

--=20
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team	::	marcus@FreeBSD.org