Date:      Sat, 15 Mar 1997 23:34:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      The.SLNR.Maintainer@X2296
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/3002: updated port of slnr

>Number:         3002
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       The slnr port is outdated
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        FreeBSD 2.2-961006-SNAP i386
>Environment:

guess.

Hey!  Check-out the Release date of this snap!  Awesome, or what! :)
(This one had been pulled after a couple days, too! :)

The SLNR port is no longer up-to-date.  This should be fixed.  Somebody
should update the port.

>How-To-Repeat:

pkg_add ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/packages-2.2/All/slnr-2.3.0.tgz

produces an error.

>Fix:

Use the updated port, which can be found at

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/slnr-port.tar.gz

Since I'm also now the maintainer of the SLNR package itself (ie. not just
the FreeBSD port), the number of patches or other crud is significantly
reduced!  This is a good thing.  :-)

When you read this, you should check the GNATS follow-up, since it'll
probably state that you should use
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/slnr-port2.tar.gz, since
I'll probably make a new/final release of SLNR sometime shortly around
Christmas '97, and there's no need to have two pr's documenting the
need to update the slnr port.