Date:      Tue, 11 Jan 2000 09:56:46 -0300 (GMT)
From:      Fernando Schapachnik <fpscha@ns1.via-net-works.net.ar>
To:        mw@sax.de
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UUCP over SSH tunnel?

Read first the UUCP info pages on how to set up UUCP over TCP. Make in
work without the SSH tunnel.

Then create an account on your server that has, say, /bin/cat as shell,
and make sure you limit the resources it can consume (to limit any DoS
possibility). As last step, on the client, modify /etc/uucp/sys
and add:

address 127.0.0.1

and create a script that:

ssh -l account -L 540:server:540 server
calls uucico
kills ssh.

Hope it helps. Note I'm using UUCP over TCP, which works fine, ssh
port forwarding, which works fine too, but have never combined both.

Regards.

En un mensaje anterior, Martin Welk escribió:
> Hello there,
>
> I want to do UUCP-over-IP through an SSH tunnel - does anybody have a
> configuration example for such a job, I tried to configure it properly
> but without luck :-(

Fernando P. Schapachnik
Administración de la red
VIA NET.WORKS ARGENTINA S.A.