Date:      Wed, 5 Jul 2006 12:05:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "R. B. Riddick" <arne_woerner@yahoo.com>
To:        Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: new class / geom_cache / request for comments

--- Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com> wrote:
> Just curious, how is this different/better than the regular buffer cache?

Hi Eric!

The buffer cache? :-)
[This remembers me on the episode in The Simpsons where Mr.Burns tried to find
the meaning of "re-cyc-ling" in his builtin dictionary]

Do you mean this cache of those file systems?
If yes: The answer should be: "It just makes everything worse." (there is not
even some read ahead...)

It is just useful, if you dont have any other caches (e. g. a ufs on a
geom_raid5 (I think I should have it tomorrow... :-) ) on some geom_cache
providers)...

Bye
Arne