Date:      Sat, 26 Apr 1997 11:21:10 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        "Eric J. Chet" <ejc@bazzle.com>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFAST_IPI32

Hi,

> 	A kernel as of Sat Apr 26 10:23:59 EDT 1997 is working for me now.
> I'm not seeing any "APIC Missing RTC connection" messages anymore.  I did
> have to touch smptests.h because of a parse error.  I have XFAST_IPI32
> defined.  The optimized code in mp_machdep.c didn't work for me,
> either version.  This is on a GigaByte 586DX rev 2, mainboard.

as mentioned earlier, the SMP tree in now part of 3.0-current.  A lot
of changes occurred last nite, I suspect you just grabbed an inconsistant
set of sources.  Re-cvsup from the main 3.0-current tree, the SMP tree
is now FROZEN (I assume, Peter?).  Rebuild and report if you still have
any problems.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by