Date:      Tue, 24 Mar 1998 14:46:41 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Code freeze status in 2.2-stable branch is now ended.

This currently applies ONLY to the src tree.  The ports are not
finished tagging yet nor has Satoshi given his go-ahead to lift the
ports freeze, so please don't take this as a notice that the ports
freeze is lifted too - it's not.

2.2.6 is on schedule and should be rolling off the release machine and
onto the FTP site sometime in the next 12 hours, depending on how fast
things build and transfer.  Please try to wait for my release
announcement before jumping on ftp.freebsd.org since I'll also try and
give the mirrors a chance to catch up before sending the announcement
out - this is for your own good, trust me! :-)

Thanks!

						Jordan