Date:      Mon, 02 Jan 2012 17:37:56 -0500
From:      Daniel Staal <DStaal@usa.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Help Recovering FBSD 8 ZFS System

--As of January 2, 2012 2:14:55 PM -0800, Drew Tomlinson is alleged to have
said:

> Thanks.  I'll keep that in mind.  However in this case, the controller is
> a SATA that's integrated into the motherboard.  Since two of 4 are
> working, that would mean the controller is OK, right?  I guess I could
> swap SATA cables for a test.

--As for the rest, it is mine.

Actually, typically one controller only runs two drives, IIRC.  So you
could have one bad controller out of two.  If swapping cables helps, you
may want to try getting a SATA card or something similar.  (If swapping
cables means you can see the other two drives, a SATA card should mean
you'll get all your data back.)

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.