Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2001 20:33:29 +0200
From:      Alex Holst <a@area51.dk>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Odd source IP for a scan

Quoting David Goddard (dmg@procopia.com):
> 66.22.30.76 resolves to host.domain.com - my guess is that it's some
> hacking tool and the script kiddie has not bothered to change the
> spoofing from the default.

What's spoofed? Whoever owns 66.22.30.76 has told their DNS server to return
"host.domain.com" when asked for a hostname.

Query about 66.22.30.76 for record types PTR
Name: host.domain.com
Address: 66.22.30.76

--
I prefer the dark of the night, after midnight and before four-thirty,
when it's more bare, more hollow.                  http://a.area51.dk/