Date:      Wed, 5 Jul 95 23:16:19 EDT
From:      jleppek@suw2k.ess.harris.com (James Leppek)
To:        amurai@spec.co.jp
Cc:        davidg@Root.com, freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: another reason not to change 0.0.0.0 into 192.0.0.1 in PPP

Atsushi,
my peer accepts the valid IP. The negotiation works as it should.

if a client provides an IP that is a hint to the provider
that the client would "prefer" that address. The protocol provides
the ability for the provider to refuse and offer an alternate.
There are no rules about when the provider should refuse.

The ppp program works just fine there is nothing wrong with
it. This entire thread is about the 2 lines of code that
translated 0.0.0.0 to 192.0.0.1

Those 2 line just happened to have caused some confusion.
Not with the PPP protocol but with me (and apparently others) as to why
it was in there.

There is nothing wrong with my ppp link. I maintain a dedicated
link with it which I am using now  :-)

This is why my log files are not important or at issue.

Jim Leppek