Date:      Wed, 6 Feb 2002 08:51:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Yoriaki FUJIMORI <fujimori@grafin.fujimori.cache.waseda.ac.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.5R on up1100

Yoriaki FUJIMORI writes:

 > I installed 4.5R on an up1100 based box.
 >
 > (1) The kernel.GENERIC cannot do hot-reboot.
 > (2) Kernels without USB supports seem to be able to
 > reboot properly when
 > % shutdown -r now
 > is invoked.
 > (This applies to 4.4R, too.)

Much to my surprise, removing USB support from my 4.5 kernel fixes a
similar problem on my UP1000.   The surpising part is that the UP1000
doesn't have USB support enabled in the SRM console.

You mentioned in the past that some x86 boxes of yours did not
reboot either (VIA based SMPs?).  Does removing USB help them also?

Drew