Date:      Sun, 29 Oct 1995 18:13:46 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        ache@astral.msk.su, davidg@Root.COM, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: stable general protection fault in last kernel (/dev/null broken)

> >Original command was: "mixer vol 80 > /dev/null"
>
> >Moreover, it seems that any output to /dev/null is broken,
> >i.e. sh echo kkk > /dev/null produce the same error.
> >I'll take Bruce's changes, thanx.
>
> ioctls to /dev/null were fatal.  There's not much point in
> doing an ioctl on /dev/null, but isatty() does one to see
> if TIOCGETA works.

Thanks a lot for picking this one up, folks.

I had a high temperature at the time I did this commit, and had I problem
concentrating for more than 5mins.

As a result, I comitted the wrong patch :-(

I did not relish having to think my way through this one....

Mark Murray
46 Harvey Rd, Claremont, Cape Town 7700, South Africa
+27 21 61-3768 GMT+0200
Finger mark@grumble.grondar.za for PGP key