Date:      Mon, 15 Sep 2003 05:23:28 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/56883: Inadequately-documented charter for freebsd-jobs@

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003, David Wolfskill wrote:

>  >We need to add some text to the charter for the jobs@ list.  Please add
>  >some text encouraging people posting job availability to clearly state
>  >WHERE the job is available and if relocation will be reimbursed.

>  +	    <para>Note that this list, like other mailing lists
>  +	      @FreeBSD.ORG, is distributed worldwide.  Thus, you

              ^ I think the "@" symbol there should be spelled out
(you're talking about mailing lists, not specific email addresses, so
the @ is inappropriate).  The .ORG should probably not be capitalized,
either:

   +	      at FreeBSD.org, is distributed worldwide.  Thus, you

>  +	    <para>All email should be open source formats only.
>  +	      Examples of open source formats include PostScript
>  +	      (.ps), Portable Document Format (.pdf) and ASCII text.

A slight rewrite and reorganization from most common to less common:

   +        <para>Email must be in open source formats only.  Plain
   +          ASCII text, Portable Document Format (PDF), or PostScript
   +          are appropriate.

(Is PostScript really something that should be mentioned here?  It has
more interchange issues than either of the others.  I'm also unsure
whether "open source" is a good description of these formats, but can't
think of anything better at the moment.)

>  +	      Proprietary formats such as MicroSoft Word (.doc) are
>  +	      not accepted.</para>

And maybe a change of tense?