Date:      Wed, 21 Jun 2000 22:33:01 -0500
From:      Matthew Fuller <fullermd@linkfast.net>
To:        Blaz Zupan <blaz@amis.net>
Cc:        Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: if_de or if_dc?

[ This isn't really a -isp issue, is it? ]

On Wed, Jun 21, 2000 at 09:40:37PM +0200, a little birdie told me
that Blaz Zupan remarked
> On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, Dennis wrote:
> > What is the distiction/benefit of using the if_dc driver rather than the
> > if_de driver with the d-link quad card? They seem to work with both.
>
> I'd say, use the if_dc driver, if it works for you. My guess is it will be
> better maintained (because it actually HAS a maintainer, Bill Paul). Otherwise
> the only real difference is, that if_dc supports more cards (most of the
> clones of the original Digital chip).

if_dc doesn't support the card in this system that if_de works fine with.

de0: <Digital 21140A Fast Ethernet> port 0xf880-0xf8ff mem
0xffe7fc00-0xffe7fc7f irq 19 at device 19.0 on pci0

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)     |    fullermd@over-yonder.net
Unix Systems Administrator      |    fullermd@linkfast.net