Date:      Wed, 11 Sep 2002 06:23:02 +1000
From:      Christopher Smith <csmith@its.uq.edu.au>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Nick Tonkin <nick@rlnt.net>
Subject:   Re: Dell Poweredge 500SC

On 11/9/02 5:46 AM, "Nick Tonkin" <nick@rlnt.net> wrote:

> My venerable OEM that has been running FreeBSD since 2.x is dying.
>
> I'm looking at a Dell Poweredge 500SC as follows:
>
> Intel PIII 1.13 GHz
> 512 Mb SDRAM
> Ultra 3 (Ultra 160) PCI SCSI Adapter Card
> 2 X 18 Gb 10k RPM SCSI drives
> Add-in RAID 1 card
>
> Please, will this conf be supported by FreeBSD and wiil the RAID work --
> i.e. will I be able to mirror the drives for redundacy porpoises?

If you mean the add-in RAID card supplied by Dell, then yes.  It is a
rebadged AMI MegaRAID card (device amr).

If you mean some other card, then you should consult the supported hardware
list on www.freebsd.org.

--
+- Christopher Smith, Systems Administrator ------------------------------+
|  Server & Security Group, Information Technology Services               |