Date:      Tue, 24 Mar 2009 11:24:48 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <gary.jennejohn@freenet.de>
To:        Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: want to test a patch?  (was: Re: qemu 0.10.0 - cd/dvd drive access problems)

On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 21:17:12 +0100 (CET)
Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de> wrote:

[snip]
>  After finding out that there actually is code in qemu now that attempts
> to support these things on Linux I played with that a bit and came up with
> the patch below that adds some FreeBSD support.  You will still have to
> tell the guest to eject the disc when you want to take it out/change it
> (or do the mentioned change command in the monitor if the guest doesnt
> have an eject command), but other than that a passed cd drive should
> now work like it now does on Linux hosts.  I also did some fixes
> to the scsi cdrom emulation while I was at it (eject/load command
> support was missing too), so passing a cd drive as
> -drive if=scsi,media=cdrom,file=/dev/acd0 (or also /dev/cd0) should now
> work as well.  (It is still readonly tho, scsi passthru support would be
> the next thing to be ported i.e. so you could do file=/dev/pass0...)

[snip patch]

It's a little late now, since you've already updated the port, but...

I can use eject in my openSUSE client to open the drawer of the DVD drive.

I also noticed that I don't need to use notsc to boot openSUSE with the
latest version of the qemu port :)

---
Gary Jennejohn