Date:      Sun, 28 Jul 1996 19:35:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Ron G. Minnich" <rminnich@Sarnoff.COM>
To:        FreeBSD hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: -T appears to be a can of worms:

On Sat, 27 Jul 1996, J Wunsch wrote:
> As Ron G. Minnich wrote:
> > p0 63% cc -o zclient -T 4096 zclient.o ../lib/libzounds.a
> > p0 64% nm zclient
> > Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> You are not supposed to use -T loadaddr unless you know what you're
> doing... (e.g. when you're linking a kernel).

Yup you're right it was pilot error. I needed to get the code/text/etc.
running up at a high address and thought that this might be possible on
xxxbsd or linux. No dice. I've used other os'es that let you do this, so read
too much into the various man pages. ah well. I got to the needed
capability a different way.

Thanks!
ron