Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 1995 18:14:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@ref.tfs.com>
To:        mercierm@bose.com (Marc A. Mercier)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Better scsi and e-net support...

> Sorry to be a jerk, but I find it hard to believe that there are more people
> out in the US that have a Compaq DeskPro XL or an HP Vectra XU that use the
> AMD PCI PCnet / PCscsi controller, other than myself.  (since it is
> integrated into the motherboard)
never heard of it...
What drivers we have is dependent on what hardware is owned by
people who write drivers.. It appears that none of these people
have the AMD mumble chips :|

what can I say?

> Is there someplace or someone that has a patch so I can at least install the
> damn OS?  :|
> I have been trying to install FreeBSD v2.0 off and on since I bought it in
> March, to only get as far as the install screen from the boot floppy.
> Is there some sort of generic PCI SCSI driver I might use?

Why not contact AMD and ask them for programming specs..
and write the driver(s)?

then You'd KNOW it was supported..

did you mention before that there's aLinux driver?
a good place to start.